Monday, June 29, 2009

Have Ants? Have Kids? NO need for chemicals..

So the last week we have been over run by a zombie clan of massive ANTS... We cleaned every thing top to pottom made sure there was no food hidden in kids rooms and still they seemed to come back and over run certain parts of our home in this perfect little assembly line...

I personally do not like using chemicals around my kiddos as fear of the long term side effects of pesticides. After much research I found some very helpful and great Natural Ant Killers and deterants. I am so excited because they all worked and my kids are healthy.

1. Baby Powder. Ants are killed by baby powder. Baby powder is really just Diatomaceous earth, a safe and natural substance. Pets will ignore baby powder and children aren't affected by it at all. Place a line of baby powder around windows, doors, and cracks, and you'll virtually eliminate your ant problem overnight.

2.Coffee- Coffee is the second natural ant repellent I'm going to talk about here. Ants hate coffee, so they won't cross a line of it. You can use coffee in much of the same way as you use baby powder. Almost everyone has coffee in their cupboard, so it is an easy solution. But don't think you need to use the expensive stuff - generic is good enough for ants!

3. Cream of Wheat- The final natural ant repellent I'd like to share in this article is Cream of Wheat. Cream of Wheat is a natural bait for ants. The workers take the cereal back to the nest where they share the food with all of the ants. When Cream of Wheat comes into contact with the internal fluids of the ant, it explodes. This is a way to take care of the entire ant problem with a bang.

This info was taken from http://ezinearticles.com/?Natural-Ant-Repellent&id=1315225

I tested all the forms and not only did it work but it made my house smell of powder and coffee which is pleasant..lol

more to come..... have something you want me to try.. just let me know and Ill post my experience...

1 comment: