Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Bad Mommy award!

So here is my bad mommy moment for the week ( more to come ). So like every family now-a-days times are tough financially. I am not on WIC so buying formula is tough and expensive. I started out breastfeeding and slowly I am starting to transfer to formula during the day and nursing at night. We were down to the bottom of a can of formula when he went to work on Thursday night ( he gets paid friday) so we knew we would just go shopping in the morning to get more. GUESS What!!! His work sent him to Dallas and he was stuck there till Saturday night. Here I am no car ( we only have 1 ), no bank card ( he had it in his wallet), and only a check book. So friday rolls around and I ran outta formula! I tried nursing and didnt produce enough. I feed him 2 cans of food which he ate, but i kknew he would want his bottle before bed. I started to pannic. I couldn't find anyone who could take me or allow me to write them a check. So finally I got a hold of my EX husband who was with his girlfriend and asked him to go buy be some formula and I w ould pay him back. Luckily he was kind enough to help me out and got formula for my baby and dropped it off when he picked up our son.

What ex husband would buy his ex wife formula for another mans baby with out a blink of an eye? Mine would!! Why?, because we are two grown ass adults who decided not to have a bad relationship and remain friends for the sake of our child Miguel. Although he was a sucky ass boyfriend and husband...he is a great friend and for that I am thankfulll...

Moral of the story.... Be prepared, dont run out of formula, and respect your ex..!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment